Thursday, December 8, 2011

GHOSTLY TOES IN CARNIVAL CLOUD

     "Ghostly toes, ghostly toes, our mystery, only you know," whispered Peaches to her ten, snow-pea shaped toes.  She rubbed them together gently.  Peaches drifted off to dream land.
     "I'm so bored!  Why do I have to be a cloud?  All I do is sit in the sky.  I want to go to a carnival," said a little, lonely cloud in the blue sky.
     "A carnival?  That sounds like fun!  Hi, my name is Peaches.  This is my favorite blanket, Ki-Ki.  Where's the carnival?"
     "Peaches?  Ki-Ki?  How did you get here?"  The little, lonely cloud floated closer to Peaches and Ki-Ki.
     "I have magical, ghostly toes."  Peaches wiggled her toes.  "I whisper to them.  I rub them together softly.  They take Ki-Ki and I on fun adventures in dream land," giggled Peaches.
     "There's no fun adventures here.  There's no fun in being a cloud!  There is no carnival.  I was just wishing.  My name is Chancey Cloud."
     "Chancey Cloud, you are lucky to be a cloud.  You can do lots of fun things," said Peaches.
     "Oh, yeah!  Like what?"  Chancey Cloud was doubtful.
     "Close your eyes, Chancey Cloud.  Please, hold my hand," laughed Peaches.  "I will show you.  Ghostly toes, ghostly toes, our mystery, only you know," whispered Peaches to her ten, snow-pea shaped toes.  "Open your eyes, Chancey Cloud."
     "Wow!  We're at a carnival in the clouds," cheered Chancey Cloud.
     "What would you like to do first, Chancey Cloud?"  This is your special day," said Peaches.
     "I want to ride the roller coaster of wind!  Come on Peaches and Ki-Ki." 
     Chancey Cloud took Peaches by the hand.  Peaches held Ki-Ki real tight.  They climbed on a cloud shaped like a roller coaster.  The wind took them up high in the blue, sky.  The wind blew them in loopty-loops.  The wind blew them back to the carnival in the clouds.
     "Hooray!  That was fun," giggled Peaches.  "Lets go on the merry-go-round," said Peaches.  Racing the wind, Peaches, Ki-Ki and Chancey Cloud went to the merry-go-round.
     "The merry-go-round has clouds shaped like sea horses and mermaids!  I want to ride a sea horse!"  Chancey Cloud floated onto a sea horse cloud.
     "Ki-Ki and I are going to ride the mermaid cloud," cheered Peaches.  She held Ki-Ki tight.  Peaches climbed onto the mermaid cloud.  Round and round.  Round and round.  The wind blew the sea horse, mermaid, merry-go-round.
     "That was great, Peaches.  What should we ride next?"
     "Chancey Cloud, lets go to the bouncy house of clouds," suggested Peaches.  They raced with the wind.  Peaches, Ki-Ki and Chancey Cloud went straight to a huge cloud!
     "I bet your ghostly toes will love this bouncy, house of clouds.  It's shaped like a jelly bean," giggled Chancey Cloud.
     "Come on in," cheered Peaches.
They jumped right in the huge, bouncy, cloud house shaped like a jelly bean.  Up and down and all around they jumped.
     "That was so much fun, Peaches."
     "It sure was, Chancey Cloud.  Ki-Ki liked it too.  I have enough time for one more ride.  I know the best ride of all.  Lets ride the rainbow, water slide!  Hooray," cheered Peaches.
     Once again, they raced with the wind.  The rainbow, water slide sparkled yellow, orange, red, blue and purple colors.  A light sprinkle of rain made the rainbow, water slide fun and slippery.
     "Come on, Peaches and Ki-Ki.  Lets slide.  Hooray!"
     Peaches, Ki-Ki and Chancey Cloud let the wind blow them down the rainbow, water slide three times.  They laughed and laughed!  They slipped and slided!
     "That was the best ride at this cloud carnival!  It's time for Ki-Ki and I to go now," said Peaches.
     "Thank you so much, Ki-Ki, Peaches and your ghostly toes.  I had so much fun!  I'm proud to be a cloud," cheered Chancey Cloud!
     "Good for you, Chancey Cloud.  I'm so glad Ki-Ki and I got to meet you.  My ghostly toes, too," giggled Peaches.  "Good-bye, Chancey Cloud."
     Peaches gave Chancey Cloud a huge hug and a warm smile.  She held Ki-Ki tight.  Peaches closed her eyes.  "Ghostly toes, ghostly toes, our mystery, only you know," whispered Peaches to her ten, snow-pea shaped toes.  Peaches and Ki-Ki drifted back into dream land.

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment