Tuesday, December 13, 2011

GHOSTLY TOES IN CANDY LAND

     "Ghostly toes, ghostly toes, our mystery tonight, you only know," whispered Peaches to her ten, snow-pea shaped toes.  Peaches rubbed them together softly.  She fell fast asleep into a magical dream land. 
     "Boo-hoo!  Where are you?  Boo-hoo!"
     Peaches woke up to a little voice crying.  Peaches rubbed her coal, colored eyes.  Then she placed her thick, black, shiny curls of hair behind her ears.  Peaches stood straight up and hugged her blanket, Ki-Ki.
     "Wow!  Where are we, Ki-Ki?"  Peaches saw red, yellow and green gum drop stools.  She saw candy coated pop corn ball bushes.  Peaches loved the purple and blue lolli pop trees.  The chocolate river had her ghostly toes happily tapping on the rainbow, sprinkle grass.  "Who would cry living here in Candy Land, Ki-Ki?  Lets go see!"
     Peaches and Ki-Ki strolled through Candy Land.  She stopped at a green, gum drop stool.  "Hello.  Why are you crying?  What's your name?"  Peaches was shocked to see a little, green leprechaun sitting on the green, gum drop stool.
     "Boo-hoo!  My name is John Leprechaun.  I can't find my rainbow!  My feet hurt!  Leave me alone," shouted John Leprechaun.
     "You sure are mean!  My name is Peaches.  This is my blanket, Ki-Ki.  Maybe we can help you," explained Peaches.  She smiled at John Leprechaun.
     "I don't need or want your help!  I know why you're here.  You want to steal my rainbow!  It's mine, mine, mine," screeched John Leprechaun.
     "No.  That's not true.  Ki-Ki and I want to help you," said Peaches. 
     "Ki-Ki?  How can a blanket help me?  How did you get to Candy Land?"  John Leprechaun's right eyebrow raised up to a angry point.
     "Ki-Ki wants to dry away the tears on your face."  Peaches gently patted Ki-Ki on John Leprechaun's teary eyes and cheeks.  "My ghostly toes are magic.  I rub them together at night."  Peaches wiggled her ten, ghostly toes together for John Leprechaun to see.  "Magically, they take Ki-Ki and I on fun adventures in my dreams.  That's how I got to Candy Land," explained Peaches.
     "Really?  Magic ghostly toes?"  John Leprechaun sniffled.  He then leaped off the green, gum drop stool.  He landed on the rainbow sprinkled grass.  "Ouch!  My feet hurt so badly," yelped John Leprechaun.  "I'm to short to find my rainbow!  My boots are worn out!  I don't even have heels on my boots anymore," sadly said John Leprechaun.
     "I see," said Peaches.  "What are those?" 
     "What is what?"
     "Those."  Peaches pointed down to the rainbow, sprinkle grass by John Leprechaun's pointed, black boot.
     "I got hungry looking for my rainbow.  They're mini-rainbow, colored marshmallows," snapped John Leprechaun.
     "I have a great idea!"  Peaches had John Leprechaun take off his worn-out, boots.  She then stuffed the boots with mini-rainbow, colored marshmallows.  "Now, try on your boots."
     "Wow!  My feet have yummy cushions.  I even feel taller!  This is great!  I can go find my rainbow!  Thank you Peaches and Ki-Ki," said John Leprechaun with a grin.
     John Leprechaun stood up proud and tall.  He straightened his black, shiny hat on his head.  He tightened his black and gold belt.  He even brushed off his green, glitter suit.
     "Come on, John Leprechaun.  We are going to find your rainbow," cheered Peaches.
     Peaches, Ki-Ki and John Leprechaun strolled through Candy Land to find the rainbow.  They nibbled on strawberry, taffy pathways.  They snacked on sugar, cookie flowers with ginger-bread stems.  The search for the rainbow was sweet!
     "Peaches, would you and Ki-Ki like to sail on the Chocolate River?"
     "Yes!  We sure would, John Leprechaun," giggled Peaches.
     John Leprechaun skipped with Peaches and Ki-Ki to the Chocolate River.  Peaches was amazed!  There sat a banana-split boat at the Chocolate River.
     "Ghostly toes and Ki-Ki's first," chuckled John Leprechaun.
     "Thank you, kind sir," replied Peaches.  Peaches and Ki-Ki climbed aboard the banana-split boat.  John Leprechaun leaped and climbed aboard as well.  The three friends sailed down the Chocolate River.
     "I must find my rainbow!  There may even be a pot of gold at the end of my rainbow," explained John Leprechaun.
     "Ghostly toes, ghostly toes, our mystery, only you know," whispered Peaches whils rubbing her toes together, softly.  "Hey!  Something just dropped on my head," said Peaches.
     "Mine, too!  What's going on?"  John Leprechaun looked up into the blue, sky.
     "Wow!  It's sprinkling candy-corn!  Hooray," giggled Peaches.
     "Look, Peaches.  There is the sun!  My rainbow must be near," suggested John Leprechaun.
     "I see the sun, too.  Ki-Ki and I love candy-corn."
     "I have a great idea!  Peaches, may I please borrow, Ki-Ki?"
     "Sure, you can."  Peaches handed John Leprechaun her Ki-Ki.  He folded Ki-Ki in half.  John Leprechaun caught several pieces of candy-corn with Ki-Ki.
     "Here, Peaches.  Now you have candy-corn to snack on.  Thanks for your help, Ki-Ki," chuckled John Leprechaun.
     "Thank you, John Leprechaun and Ki-Ki," said Peaches.  "Would you like some candy-corn, John Leprechaun?"
     "Yes, please.  Thanks for sharing with me, Peaches," answered John Leprechaun.
     "Look!  Look, over there!  Do you see it?"  Peaches pointed toward the blue, sky.
     "My rainbow!  I see it!  I see it," cheered John Leprechaun with a huge grin.
     Peaches, Ki-Ki and John Leprechaun sailed back to the rainbow, sprinkle grass.  They leaped off the banana-split boat.  They ran quickly to the rainbow!
     "It's beautiful!  I love the yellow, orange, red, blue and purple colors," said Peaches.
     "Ouch!  Ouch!  My mini-rainbow, colored marshmallows have melted in my boots.  I'm not tall anymore.  But I am happy that you and Ki-Ki helped me find my rainbow," chuckled John Leprechaun.
     "Ghostly toes, ghostly toes, our mystery, only you know," whispered Peaches while rubbing her toes together.  "Look, John Leprechaun!"  Peaches pointed to a big, green, four-leaf clover.  It magically appeared on the rainbow, sprinkled grass.  It was next to the rainbow.
     "Hop on, Peaches and Ki-Ki.  We're going over the rainbow," cheered John Leprechaun!
     The three friends rode the magic, clover up and over the rainbow.  They laughed and giggled over the rainbow.  Kerplunk!
     "We've landed in a pot of gold!  Hooray!  You were right, John Leprechaun," agreed Peaches.  Peaches held Ki-Ki, tightly.  She climbed out of the pot of gold.
     "Ouch!  What is poking me in my back?"  John Leprechaun pulled out a new pair of black, shiny, pointed boots from the pot of gold.  He carefully placed them onto the rainbow-sprinkle grass.  He had a smile from one pointed, ear to the next.  John Leprechaun leaped out of the pot of gold.
     "Try them on, John Leprechaun," cheered Peaches.  She watched him peel off his, sticky, old, worn-out boots.
     "They fit, perfectly!  My new boots even have a solid, heel!  I'm tall again, Peaches and Ki-Ki.  Hooray!  Hooray!  I want to thank you, your ghostly toes and Ki-Ki for this fun, magical adventure.  Now, I have a special gift for you both," said John Leprechaun.  He handed Peaches a small, green sack from his pocket. 
     "Open it, Peaches."
     "Wow!  Thank you, John Leprechaun," giggled Peaches.  Inside the small, green, sack were gold coins and several pieces of candy-corn.  "Thank you for sharing your gold with me and Ki-Ki.  Thank you for my favorite sweet, treat in Candy Land, candy-corn.  It's time for me and my ghostly toes to leave, now.  Ki-Ki, too.  Good-bye, John Leprechaun.  Enjoy the rainbow, your pot of gold and your new boots.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment