Saturday, December 31, 2011

ANDY 2

       "What's the big deal anyway?  It's suppose to be my car!  It's not like it's new.  That brat gets everything he wants!  What a mama's boy.  She treats me like I'm not even her son.  He could break her favorite vase and get a new video game!  Me, I try out my wheels and get grounded!  I didn't even go far.  It's not like I drove nation wide!  The car didn't even make it past the neighbor's house.  If anyone should be ragging, it should be me!
     When they told me they bought me a car, I thought something more like a Mustang!  Even Mike's parents bought him a Mustang!  He can actually drive his.  But not my parents!  They get me a Volkswagen!  A 65 at that!    A piece of junk!  I know mom and dad new I liked Mustangs.  Dad out of all people knew if they bought anything a 65, at least to buy a cool 65.  A 65 Mustang!  I know he knew that! 
     He probably tried to get me one.  But mom said, no!  I could hear her now.  "He does not deserve that!  Every time he gets a ticket, we'd pay for it!  Mike's always speeding up and down the street.  I don't know why his parents bought him such an expensive car.  Alex has a paper route and he's the baby of this family.  Andy barely attends school.  We all know that by his grades!  He won't even work."
     Why does dad let mom make all the decisions?  He's the man of the house!  I bet when her precious, baby-boy, Alex gets a car, it'll be a Mustang!  Knowing him, he'll probably let mom pick out her favorite color for his car.  A pretty pink!  She'd put a monster stereo in his car.  Mine, no way!  She'd say I'd play it to loud!  I'd go deaf or something.
     The only reason this computer is in my room, because I asked for a electric guitar.  Oh-no!  Mom felt the guitar was not a necessity.  Maybe she thinks I'm stupid?  Buying a computer would make me do my homework?  Maybe mom thought I'd even bring home an 'A' report card, like her perfect son, Alex!  He's only in the fourth grade.  How hard can two plus two be?  He's not being drowned in calculus!  Anyway, school's boring. 
     Led Zep didn't always go to school.  If she'd only stop breathing down my neck about me wanting a guitar.  I could be as good as Led Zep.  Hendrix, too!  Those guys had it made!  I wonder if their moms did them the same way as mine does me?
     She never tells Alex to clean his room.  Like his room is spotless.  Everything in his room is what she picked out for him.  I guess my room doesn't fit her idea of a perfect son.  She always complains about my room!  I can hear her in my dreams, 'Andy, take down those ridiculous posters!  Get rid of that disgusting snake!  I'm tired of looking at that old, junky guitar!' 
     If mom would buy me a new, electric guitar, she wouldn't have to look at this outdated guitar!  At least dad lets me keep my room, me!  I'm glad dad got me Angus!  Mom hates snakes.  At least since Angus lives in my room, mom doesn't inspect my room all the time. 
     I'll show them one day!  They'll be sitting around watching T.V. one day and there I'll be!  I'll be playing my own brand, new electric guitar!  I'll just be being me!  Maybe for once, mom will say she's proud of me.  She'd probably be grinding her teeth.  Dad would be telling her that he knew I'd make it one day!  Alex would probably just pick up a book and read until he fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment